• Sample Business Recordkeeping Template for Food Donations, Animal Feed, and Composting
Humboldt food recovery, compost collection services, and farms that take animal feed are also developing systems to make required record keeping convenient. As you work with them over time, they will be in contact with you or you can reach out to them.
Reducing food waste saves money and resources by reducing your purchasing, handling, disposal and energy costs. Additionally, your business can receive tax benefits from donating edible food to local food banks and other food rescue organizations.
• Train and update employees on food waste reduction.
• Assess and track what food is being wasted.
• Choose the best waste reduction strategy for the opportunities that exist at your facility.
• Adjust food purchasing policies to prevent excess food purchasing.
• Adjust menus to reduce frequently uneaten or wasted items.
• Adjust preparation methods and portion sizes to minimize waste.
• Store food properly to avoid spoilage.
• Repurpose leftovers.
Edible Food Rescue for People