ZWH emphasizes waste prevention strategies and reusable materials in all communications channels:
• Presentations to business and community groups, along with guest lectures to Cal Poly Humboldt and local high school classes
• Annual social media campaigns, such as “We Choose to Reuse”
• The annual countywide Zero Waste Day, which we created, to draw attention to waste reduction and “how-to” zero waste methods
• News articles and op-ed essays in Humboldt newspapers and publications
• Social media: Instagram and Facebook
• eNewsletters and emails
As a primarily volunteer-run organization, ZWH welcomes volunteers who are trained to serve on a speakers bureau for presentations and display booths.