The Humboldt Waste Management Authority and local jurisdictions have contracted with Evan Edgar Associates to assist local governments in complying with SB1383 and developing regionwide services. Contact your local government and HWMA to keep apprised of new developments and improved services for food waste reduction.
1. Plan and develop capacity to divert organics to food recovery and recycling
2. Provide collection and recycling oof organic materials
3. Divert 20%+ from landfill disposal of edible food to food recovery organizations
4. Purchase products made from recycled/composted organics
5. Maintain records to show how they are complying with the law
6. Provide enforcement to divert organic waste from landfill